It’s time again for another neighborhood get together! This month’s theme is water… so get your bathing suit on and your garden hose ready, we are going to have some water fun!
Here’s how you can create “Waterpoolza” with your neighborhood friends.
- Find a backyard to host the water fun.
- Select water games and have friends donate materials for them.
- Invite all of your buddies!
For our Waterpoolza we had 6 different water activities for the kids to choose from. Several kids did all of the activities and some stayed at just one spot. Here’s a list of what we did – and WOW was it fun!
- Pool. Just a kiddie pool – amazing how this is entertaining and low key for the more timid kids.
- Slip and slide. This year we had the double slip and slide = extra fun.
- Water balloons. You can get 150 of these at the Dollar Store for $1! There are so many games you can play with water balloons. We stuck with the traditional balloon toss.
- Bucket Bonanza. This fun game requires 4 buckets, a cup for each person playing and lots of water. Begin by dividing the kids up into 2 equal teams and lining them up shoulder to shoulder in a line. The first person will fill up their cup and then dump it into the next person’s cup and then they dump their water into the next cup, and so on. The goal is to have the last person dump a full glass of water into the large bucket. The team who fills the bucket up first wins! (Several variations to this game too! )
- Sponge game. This silly game was found on FamilyFun magazines website. To play you will need a big sponge for each team, bucket of water and players! Have the children lay on their backs with their feet in the air. You will alternate which way the kids face so that their feet line up. Then soak the sponge and place it between the first players feet. The object is to pass the sponge down the line with your feet, without dropping it on the ground or touching it!
- Snack. Every good party has a snack! This one was cupcakes with blue frosting and a shark gummy! Yum!
Take advantage of this warm summer, grab your bathing suits and have a party!